Last Updated on 14/04/2022 by DataWorld.xyz
ROG Rapture GT-AC2900
AC2900 WiFi Gaming Router, certified by NVIDIA for the GeForce NOW Recommended program. Supports triple-level game acceleration, easy port forwarding, AiMesh for whole-home wifi and AiProtection Pro for network security.
- Triple-level Game Accelerator – Optimizes your online gaming packets all the way from your PC to the game server.
- GeForce Now Recommended Router – Enjoy an unrivaled cloud gaming experience with no latency.
AiMesh Supported – Works with ASUS AiMesh compatible routers to create a powerful, flexible, seamless whole-home Wi-Fi system.
- Front-line Network Security – Lifetime free AiProtection Pro, powered by Trend Micro™, protects all connected devices from internet threats.
- ASUS Aura Lighting– Multiple effects for a stylish vibe while can even be set to reflect the status of your network.
TEAM UP YOUR ROG GEAR FOR VICTORY
ROG First is a new feature of the ROG GameFirst V network acceleration software for ROG motherboards, laptops and desktops* that ensures seamless operation with ROG routers, resulting in smoother online gaming performance with shorter ping times and minimized lag.
TRIPLE-LEVEL GAME ACCELERATION
ROG GT-AC2900 features triple-level game acceleration to boost game traffic every step of the way — from your device to the game server. You’ll experience lower ping times and reduced latency for a better online gaming experience.*
LVL1 Game Device Optimization
Game Device Prioritization
A dedicated ROG gaming port lets you prioritize any device connected to it, ensuring it is always at the head of the queue.
LVL2 Game Packets Prioritization
Game Packets Prioritization
Game Boost is adaptive QoS tuned for gaming that prioritizes all gaming traffic passing through GT-AC2900.
LVL3 Shortest Path to Game Server
Take the Direct Route
With built-in Gamers Private Network (GPN) powered by wtfast®, ROG GT-AC2900 ensures the shortest possible connection between your home network and the game server for minimized ping times and the lowest latency*.
* Free edition of GPN included with ROG GT-AC2900 supports one selectable device on your network at a time with GPN traffic limits and includes wtfast® technical support. Simultaneous acceleration of multiple devices with more GPN traffic and advanced features is available via a paid upgrade. A list of supported games is available here
MAXIMUM COVERAGE. REMOTE CONTROL.
With AiRadar beamforming technology and specially designed antennas, GT-AC2900 delivers a focused Wi-Fi signal to all your game consoles and other wireless devices, maximizing range and speed to let you play anywhere in the home. And, if you need to adjust network settings, diagnose internet problems or configure port forwarding, the ASUS Router app lets you get it done easily right on your smartphone without having to walk to your router or access a web interface.
FORTIFIED FRONTLINE NETWORK SECURITY
GT-AC2900 features AiProtection Pro powered by Trend Micro™ to defend your network from external attacks and threats by neutralizing them before they can reach your devices. AiProtection Pro even protects devices that cannot install anti-virus software — such as game consoles, smartphones and IoT devices — giving you added peace of mind. The lighting on GT-AC2900 can also be set to remind you when attacks arise.
- Dual band with total throughput of 2900Mbps
- 3×3 MIMO on 2.4GHz band, 4×4 MIMO on 5GHz band
- 160MHz and 1024QAM for gigabit Wi-Fi
- Dynamic frequency selection (DFS) for minimized Wi-Fi congestion
- MU-MIMO technology provides up to four compatible devices dedicated full-speed Wi-Fi connections
- RangeBoost and AiRadar beamforming technology for up to 120% wider coverage
- Triple-level game acceleration reduces gaming ping times by up to 75%
- NVIDIA-certified GeForce Now recommended router
- Game Radar enables server ping-time checking before starting a game
- VPN fusion enables using a VPN and regular internet connection at the same time
- NAT Open enables port forwarding with only three steps
- AiMesh provides a whole-home mesh Wi-Fi solution
- AiProtection Pro provides network security and advanced parental controls
ROG Rapture GT-AC2900 Tech Specs
Price in USD$261 and BDT৳22,600.
Backwards compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi
|AC2900 ultimate AC performance : 750+2167 Mbps|
2.4GHz N: 3×3 (Tx/Rx) 1024 QAM 20/40MHz, up to 750Mbps
5GHz AC: 4×4 (Tx/Rx) 1024 QAM 20/40/80MHz, up to 2167Mbps
|External detachable antenna x 3 Internal antenna x 1|
2.4 GHz 3 x 3
5 GHz 4 x 4
|1.8GHz dual-core processor|
|256MB NAND flash and 512MB DDR3 SDRAM|
Beamforming: standard-based and universal 1024-QAM high data rate 20/40/80/160 MHz bandwidth
|Simultaneous dual band 2.4 & 5GHz|
|“RJ45 for 10/100/1000/Gigabits BaseT for WAN x 1, RJ45 for 10/100/1000/Gigabits BaseT for LAN x 4 USB 2.0 x 1 USB 3.0 x 1|
|WPS Button, Reset Button, Power Button, Wireless on/off Button, LED on/off Button,Boost Key|
|Wi-Fi x 2 WAN x 1|
|AC Input : 110V~240V(50~60Hz) DC Output : 19 V with max. 1.75 A current|
|GT-AC2900 Wi-Fi Router Dual-purpose stand/ wall-mount Power adapter RJ-45 cable Screwdriver Quick start guide|
Product Weight (g)
AiMesh : Yes
Primary AiMesh router : Yes
AiMesh node : Yes
|ASUS Router APP : Yes|
Game Boost/acceleration : Yes
Game Radar : Yes
WTFast : Yes
Geforce Now : Yes
UU boost (CN only) : No
ROG_First : Yes
OpenNAT (Game Profile) : Yes
Gaming port : Yes
|Support Alexa skill : Yes|
|Support IFTTT : Yes|
AiProtection : AiProtection Pro
Router Security Assessment : Yes
Malicious site blocking : Yes
Two-Way IPS : Yes
Infected Device Prevention and Blocking : Yes
Parental Control : Yes
Parental Control Customized Internet schedule : Yes
Maximum Parental Control profile : 16
Maximum Parental Control content filter rule : 16
Adaptive QoS : Yes
Bandwidth Monitor : Yes
Bandwidth limiter : Yes
Maximum Bandwidth limiter rule : 32
Traditional QoS : Yes
Maximum Traditional QoS rule : 32
Traffic Monitor : Yes
Real-time traffic monitor : Yes
Wired Traffic Monitor : Yes
Wireless Traffic Monitor : Yes
Traffic Analyzer : Yes
Traffic analysis period : Daily, Weekly, Monthly
Website history : Yes
IPv6 : Yes
MU-MIMO : Yes
Wi-Fi Encryption : Open system, WPA/WPA2-Personal, WPA/WPA2-Enterprise
UTF-8 SSID : Yes
Guest Network : Yes
Maximum Guest Network rule : 2.4GHz x3, 5GHz x3
Guest Network Encryption : Open system, WPA/WPA2-Personal
WPS : Yes
Wi-Fi MAC address filter : Yes
Maximum MAC filters : 64
Wireless scheduler : Yes
Wi-Fi Radar : Yes
Airtime fairness : Yes
RADIUS Server : Yes
Universal beamforming : Yes
Explicit beamforming : Yes
Internet connection Type : PPPoE, PPTP, L2TP, Automatic IP, Static IP
Dual WAN : Yes
WAN Aggregation : No
3G/4G LTE dongle : Yes
Android tethering : Yes
Port forwarding : Yes
Maximum port forwarding rule : 64
Port triggering : Yes
Maximum port triggering rule : 32
DMZ : Yes
DDNS : Yes
NAT Passthrough : PPTP, L2TP, IPSec, RTSP, H.323, SIP Passthrough,PPPoE relay
Let’s Encrypt : Yes
DHCP Server : Yes
IGMP snooping : Yes
IPTV : Yes
LAN Link Aggregation : Yes
Manually assign IP address : Yes
Maximum manually assign IP address rule : 64
VPN Client L2PT : Yes
VPN Client OVPN : Yes
VPN Client PPTP : Yes
VPN Server IPSec : Yes
VPN Server OVPN : Yes
VPN Server PPTP : Yes
VPN Fusion : Yes
File System : HFS+, NTFS, vFAT, ext2, ext3, ext4
HDD hibernation : Yes
Safely Remove disk : Yes
AiCloud : Yes
Download master : Yes
AiDisk : Yes
Media Server : Yes
Time Machine : Yes
Samba Server : Yes
FTP Server : Yes
Shared Folder privileges : Yes
Operating mode : Router (AiMesh router), AiMesh node, Access point, Repeater, Media bridge
Operating system : ASUSWRT
Free OS upgrade : Yes
Firewall : Yes
Maximum Firewall keyword filter : 32
Maximum Firewall network service filter : 32
Maximum Firewall URL filter : 64
Wake on LAN (WOL) : Yes
SSH : Yes
Configuration backup and restore : Yes
Diagnosis tools : Yes
Feedback system : Yes
System log : Yes
- Actual data throughput and WiFi coverage will vary from network conditions and environmental factors, including the volume of network traffic, building material and construction, and network overhead, result in lower actual data throughput and wireless coverage.
- Quoted network speeds and bandwidth based on current IEEE 802.11ac & 802.11ax specifications. Actual performance may be affected by network and service provider factors, interface type, and other conditions. Connected devices must be same standard for best results.
- WPA/WPA2 enterprise is only available on single router, is not available under AiMesh mode.
- Products certified by the Federal Communications Commission and Industry Canada will be distributed in the United States and Canada. Please visit the ASUS USA and ASUS Canada websites for information about locally available products.
- All specifications are subject to change without notice. Please check with your supplier for exact offers. Products may not be available in all markets.
- Specifications and features vary by model, and all images are illustrative. Please refer to specification pages for full details.
- PCB color and bundled software versions are subject to change without notice.
- Brand and product names mentioned are trademarks of their respective companies.
- Unless otherwise stated, all performance claims are based on theoretical performance. Actual figures may vary in real-world situations.
- The actual transfer speed of USB 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, and/or Type-C will vary depending on many factors including the processing speed of the host device, file attributes and other factors related to system configuration and your operating environment.